The coronavirus has hit Greater Cincinnati’s Black community hard.
Here are some facts about the pandemic’s impact on the community, how smoking makes things worse and what Quit Culture is doing to keep people safe.
- Cincinnati’s population is 44% Black, but Black people have made up 49% of COVID-19 deaths as of mid-October 2020. (Source, Source)
- COVID-19 and tobacco use can be a deadly combo. Early research shows people who smoke are more likely to have serious illness if infected with COVID-19. (Source)
- COVID-19 attacks the lungs and could be a serious threat to those who smoke.
- All people featured in Quit Culture practice social distancing and appropriate mask-wearing during any Quit Culture photoshoot or event.
- All people who appear in Quit Culture content without masks are individuals who live in the same household.
- All Quit Culture events and promoted partner events will be virtual until Interact for Health, the funder and operator of Quit Culture, resumes in-person events.